Losing belly fat is not an easy task for everyone. It is particularly difficult when you have poor metabolism and are particularly lazy in doing any exercise. Many people are unable to lose fat even after regular exercise because of poor metabolism. Using Acupressure to activate the meridians and acupressure points can help in optimum blood circulation, improved functioning of internal organs, which result in overall physical and mental wellbeing.
Using massage in lieu with the acupressure principles and stimulating specific abdomen acupressure points you can easily treat constipation, increase metabolism of the body and reduce belly fat. You can also use acupressure in treating physical discomfort of women and restore health at the most fundamental levels.
There are 6 abdominal acupressure points which can be used to lose belly fat and increase metabolism-
- Fat Burning Point- This acupressure point is located below the belly point at a distance of about 1.5 inches. Particularly helpful in promoting blood circulation, this acupressure point can be used in the medical conditions like physical pain, regulation of menstrual flow, edema and vaginal secretion.
- Edema Elimination Point- This acupressure point is located below the belly button at a distance of about three inches. It is very helpful in promoting vitality and can help reduce the problems related to gynaecological diseases. This acupressure point is also very helpful in physical pain related to menstrual flow, and the medical conditions like increased or reduced vaginal secretion, infertility and decreased libido.
- Constipation Relieving Point- This acupressure point is located below the belly button at a distance of about 2 inches to the bottom and 2 inches from the left and right of the centre. It is very helpful in eliminating excess water of the body and bloating. This acupressure point can be used to cure medical conditions like insomnia, pain in the lower abdomen and constipation.
- Tinashu Point- This acupressure point is located at both sides of belly button at the distance of about 2 inches. Extremely helpful in abdominal function, this point can also helpful in controlling and reducing medical conditions like menstrual flow, muscle swelling in the uterus, diabetes, edema, distension in abdomen, mental disorders and physical pain.
- Water Point – This acupressure point is located above the belly button at the distance of about one inch. It is very helpful in detoxification of the body and in the treatment of facial swelling, abdominal pain, bloating and stomach without water.
- Metabolism Enhancement Point – This acupressure point is located above the navel at the distance of about four inches. It is very helpful in improving the functioning of the stomach and is also capable of treating GERD, bloating, uneasiness, stomach pain and morning sickness.
To stimulate these acupressure points, apply mild and firm pressure on these points with index finger for two to three minutes. This process should be repeated on a regular basis and if possible, everyday.
Although, acupressure does not have any side effects, it is a good practice to consult an expert before administering acupressure technique on your body. An expert can also be considered if you have any doubts in the process of applying acupressure or if you are unable to locate the said acupressure points.